According to a 2016 study, of the 41% of Americans who make New Year’s resolutions, only 9% feel they are successful in keeping them by the end of the year.
The most common reasons for the lack of success? Unrealistic goals, or too many goals.
It’s a great idea to aim for self-improvement, but we have to be practical and kind to ourselves in the process. It’s crucial to not only want to achieve the goal but know the steps you’ll need to take to get there.
How can you best set yourself up for success, and what health goals should you aim for in 2022? Let’s dig deeper to see what we’ve got in store for the New Year.
Healthy New Year’s Resolutions
Here are some ideas to kick off your resolution planning. Each of these goals is geared towards nourishing your body and mind—and, depending on your goals and schedule, are easily attainable.
- Eat less processed foods. Think fresh produce and meat.
- Cut back on sugary drinks like soda and opt for more teas, water, or low sugar drinks.
- Get more quality sleep. Buy a blackout curtain, sleep mask, or learn to meditate!
- Find a physical activity that you enjoy and do it a couple of times a week. Give yoga, dancing, rock climbing, or hiking a try!
- Take more ‘me-time’ and practice self-care. This means taking the time to journal, take a bath, take your vitamins, sleep in an extra hour, or anything that allows you to feel your best.
6. Cook more meals at home. This can help save money and allow you to be mindful of what you’re eating, and put you in control of the ingredients.
7. Are you interested in saving more money? Create a specific goal that excites you, and find a fun way to manage your money. Apps like Digit or Acorns make managing money and meeting your savings goals easy and fun.
8. Limit your screen time. Set an alarm if you must remind yourself to put down your phone for a couple of hours a day. Pro tip: Limit your screen time an hour or two before bed to significantly impact your quality of sleep and mental health.
9. Missed a visit lately? Schedule your yearly check-up with your doctor. It’s essential to invest in your health which means taking your medications, vitamins, and seeing your doctor at least once a year to make sure everything is looking as it should.
10. Practice positive self-talk. Every person is different, which means all our journeys are different. Focusing on the things that make you happy and feel good rather than the ‘what ifs’ or ‘could have’s’ can make a world of difference.
This New Year, focus on the good. Love yourself a little harder, and be kind to yourself and your loved ones.
If Medications Are On Your Resolution List, We’re Here to Help
There are many medication options to help better manage your mental health and physical health goals. With free delivery from GeniusRx, you can find relief fast, so you can get back to the things you love.
Talk to your doctor about what medication is right for you and your unique body & condition. We will ensure you get the best price on the medications you need to start 2022 off feeling amazing.
GeniusRx is here to help you on your wellness journey.
We can help you get up to 80% off your prescription prices.